So, I’ve moved into the new place - it’s a Victorian end-terrace - and have a whole new garden to sort out. When we moved here, it consisted of a path, a lawn, and what seemed like about a ton of dog shit nestling in the grass. After spending the last 20-odd years tending and shaping the old garden, It’ll be a challenge to get this one up to scratch – but you all know me… love a good old challenge.
- it’s a completely blank canvas
- I have two new (still slightly skitty) chickens called Judy and Liza
- I have a greenhouse (in many, many pieces – still to be assembled)
- I’ve already turned over the bottom part of the garden, ready for said greenhouse to be built on, with a veg plot at the side
- the garden will never flood or be boggy, as I’m at the top of the hill – #winner
- cuttings from various sources are lined up on the patio, and some seem to be taking
- I have lots and LOTS of ideas (actually maybe too many for the space I have)
The ex decided to lock all my gardening stuff* in my old greenhouse and take the key, so I’ve had to get new kit.
*actually was only going to take my greenhouse caddy my son bought me for Christmas and some seeds… but hey ho – I’m sure the ex will look absolutely delightful mincing around the garden in pink gloves, weilding the mighty pink trowel and hand fork
So there you have it… the intro to the new pad… will try to update more often :)